According to the world’s first exhibition devoted to foods that some would call revolting, Vegemite is officially ‘disgusting’.
Welcome to Sweden’s Disgusting Food Museum, where visitors are challenged to rethink what is and isn’t edible from an exhibit of 80 of the world’s notoriously offensive foods delicacies.
Visitors are encouraged to sniff and taste some of the exhibits, which include:
– Surströmming – fermented herring from Sweden
– Cuy – roasted guinea pigs from Peru
– Casu marzu – maggot-infested cheese from Sardinia
– Stinky tofu – pungent bean curd from China
– Hákarl – well-aged shark from Iceland
– Durian – infamously stinky fruit from Thailand
And yes, Aussie pantry staple Vegemite is among this motley crew of acquired tastes.
Let’s be honest, Vegemite isn’t an acquired taste, it’s a required taste.
We’re disappointed in you, Sweden.
Click the gallery up top for more