South Australia will look to reboot regional tourism next week with plans to lift warnings and restrictions on travel around the state.
The coronavirus pandemic has severely limited travel to regional centres and the SA outback in recent weeks.
For some areas, the pandemic has compounded issues brought on by years of drought and summer’s devastating bushfires.
Premier Steven Marshall says the state’s regions had been “doing it really tough”.
“We’ve had dry conditions for much of South Australia for the last three, four or five years, we’ve had bushfires and now COVID-19, which is really drying up jobs,” he said.
“So we’re really keen to see the restrictions regarding regional tourism released.”
SA could potentially on Wednesday mark two weeks without any new COVID-19 infections.
The state’s tally remains at 438 with only five of those cases considered active, including two people who are still in hospital.
SA has conducted 62,000 tests for the virus since February.