Organisers of Adelaide’s annual Christmas Pageant are determined to kick on with 2020’s event, despite the re-emergence of COVID-19 throughout Australia.
The pageant is still scheduled to go ahead on November 14, a little over 100 days from now.
Exactly how the pageant is planned to happen, however, is still a mystery.
A spokesperson for the pageant told The Advertiser that organisers of the event are preparing for other scenarios, but would not outline what they look like.
“We are, of course, continuing to monitor the situation and advice as it relates to COVID-19,” the spokesperson said.
The annual pageant is Australia’s biggest public parade, and the second largest of its kind in the world with a crowd of 325,000 lining city streets to welcome Father Christmas last year.
The event was first run in 1933 and has gone ahead every year since 1945.