South Australia has cleared it’s last active coronavirus case, taking its run without a new infection to 10 days.
The last case to be resolved was that of a local nurse who had volunteered to travel to Victoria to work in that state’s aged care sector.
She had been diagnosed on August 23 and went into quarantine despite showing no symptoms of the virus as the time.
Still considered an active infection on Tuesday, Premier Steven Marshall said the “brave” woman was now clear of the disease.
SA’s clean sheet will put more pressure on the transition committee, which meets against later this week, to further ease some COVID-19 restrictions.
Though Premier Steven Marshall says the state can still not afford to become complacent.
It had previously cleared all its active cases only to have a cluster of new infections pop up at an adult learning college.
There was no movement on Wednesday in relation to the state’s remaining border measures, with a hard closure in place with Victoria and quarantine arrangements remaining for NSW and the ACT.
Those measures could be reviewed on Friday with SA likely to move on the ACT first which the premier said had done “extraordinarily well” in containing the coronavirus in recent weeks.