A woman in Cranbourne has been bitten by a tiger snake and lived to tell the tale.

The woman, Anne, stepped on the snake in her bedroom late on Sunday night. 

“Anne stepped on something soft and squishy — when she looked down she saw a snake,” snake catcher Barry Goldsmith said.

“The snake had managed to sneak in as she had left her door open.”

Anne ended up going to Frankston Hospital after feeling quite sick and was given antivenom, she’s now fine. 

Barry also gave this piece of incredibly helpful advice:

“If you see a snake in your home don’t step on it.”

Good idea. 

(But in all seriousness, don’t panic, don’t aggravate it and call a snake catcher). 

Cruise 1323 Adelaide